Color and Composition Gourmet WHAT IS THE COMPOSITION GOURMET AND WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE?Gourmet composition is creative and artistic manner in which the chef premeditated plate assembly combining shapes and colors of food for the diner to engage visually with him and cause a variety of emotions, even before he tested.
It is the art of sublimating the filing of a culinary creation for its ability to generate feelings, takes a value-added and enhanced calling card for the chef.
First of all gourmet composition must be:
Natural, Diverse, Energetic, beautiful, cheerful and attractive. When the food looks so, the diner will have the idea that eating it will feel more energetic, beautiful and cheerful.
If in addition the combination of flavors is more than what he expected the dish will be a success in the market.
GETTING STARTED: RULES TO CONTRAST THE FORMS OF ITEMS AND THE PLATE.
- The circular shapes contrast with the straight lines.
- The circles squares and triangles.
- The ovals to rectangles,
- All previous forms contrast with the elongated forms thin, irregular, or composed.
- The irregular shapes contrast with the defined forms.
- The large shapes contrast with the small forms.
These contrasting forms together opposites. The contrary qualities are seen by common logic: big - small, thin - thick, straight - curved, defined - irregular.
"CHOOSING THE FORM AND PLATE COLOR"
The first step is to think of the dish (dishes)
Please note that to choose the dish you are going to organize the assembly of food:
• Try to be white, because when you have a plate with a design or color, food color should contrast with the dish, and you really limited to creation.
• Uses the contrast of ways to compare the shape of the plate in the shape of the composition or the main item:
• A square plate will serve as the main food is round or curved, and if this were also square then ensures that the food composition is circular.
• Otherwise, if the plate were round or rounded shape, composition or the top item should be straight or square.
• We will use oblong dishes for the recipes consisting of several main dishes, to create a contrast between elongated forms and sectional shapes.
• The triangular-shaped dishes are especially good for use in desserts or light meals as they have very little space for his ends and gives great elegance to the preparations with small items.
Gourmet Color Features:
Brightness: The degree of reflectivity of the colors, makes some brilliant and others are opaque.
Temperature: The colors are divided into warm and cool depending on the percentage of its content in yellow, red, blue, black and white.
A higher percentage of yellow and red tone is warmer.
A higher percentage of blue, white and black, a tone will be cold.
Strength: Strength is the degree of purity of a color. While more is pure strength to speak.
Movement: The colors generated a wave of movement that varies in direction and speed.
Blues generate a concentric movement, which focuses on himself.
By contrast the yellow generate an eccentric, which is directed towards the viewer.
The reddish generate a high-speed motion.
The white produces a slow, concentric giving colors to mix the same feature.
The black has the feature weight, shade and also generates a concentric movement instead of blue, generates both a sense of quiet stability.
The tone color is your level of brightness and purity.
Of a single color, for example, may leave many shades of blue from the lightest to the darkest.
CONTENTS OF THE BOOK "COLOR AND COMPOSITION GOURMET"
"The visual Psychology Saucer"
"The gourmet Forms: Harmony of cuts, portions and sizes"
"Choosing the Form and Color Plate"
"Types of gourmet composition: Where to place the items?"
"Contrasting colors gourmet: Harmony of natural tones of food"
"Contrasts in visual and physical textures: how to create and combine"
"Funds, spots, brush strokes and techniques to natural effects, creative and beautiful"
"The height of the dish: As applied without jeopardizing the harmony of the composition Gourmet
"The focal point and movement: engaging looks"
Pictures of the product, Charter of the dishes from the restaurant and Chef's Catalog "
"Innovation in the decorative tools"